Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willifast
Channel Surfer

Smart Home App - unable to login to app with same credentials as used to access roku.com via browser

Hello

I am getting a 'UN/Pwd' do not match error when trying to login to the Smart Home app. I can use the same UN/Pwd to login on my pc (browser - roku.com) and if I use Chrome on my smartphone (android) to access roku.com.

I've gone through the pwd reset a couple of times, no change to the error when attempting to login via the Smart Home app. I've deleted the app, rebooted phone, re-installed app with no change. Again, I can use the same UN/Pwd successfully via browser direct to roku.com. My devices (cameras & roku express) show up as does my subscription when I login via browser.

This issue started as I was attempting to re-login via the app after logging out to troubleshoot another issue. The first issue was that as soon as the Smart Home app loaded and showed my cameras I got an error message stating something about 'not able to communicate with servers - Try again'. Pressing 'Try Again' only caused the error to re-appear. I finally decided to log off on the Smart Home app and when trying to log back in now I get the error about the UN/Pwd.

Any help with this one is greatly appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home App - unable to login to app with same credentials as used to access roku.com via ...

Hi @willifast,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this experience. The information and concern you've mentioned with us have been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, who'll take a closer look at the issue and address it. Once we hear back from them, we'll provide an update here in this thread.

We value your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joey6

Re: Smart Home App - unable to login to app with same credentials as used to access roku.com via ...

I'm running into the same problem on Android Samsung AO 3 s. I tried to access my camera that has been working since February and it kept saying try again try again and wouldn't let me do anything and wouldn't connect the camera. So I restarted the camera and then I ended up deleting it. Then I went to Google Play and I uninstalled and then installed the smart home app again. Now I can log into my Roku account roku.com just fine and I changed my password but when I go to the smart home app it automatically asked me to sign in and I have tried everything manually doing it autofilling it trying to create a new account which it won't let me it just keeps saying that the password and email account don't match. Please advise

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joey6,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging this issue you've encountered with us, and we're sorry for the trouble. This information and concern have been forwarded to our team, who will further investigate this issue. They will be taking a closer look at this and address it for a fix. Once we gather more details and updates from the appropriate Roku team who'll look at this, we'll provide an update here in this thread.

We value your patience and understanding as we work on this for the time being.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Ya I haven't been able to log on on any device moto 5g/moto2021 stylus but I can log onto roku.com in a browser my TVs still work to use the cameras but no access to the lights or login through smart home or rokutv app this has to be a server issue I've reset my password like 5 times and I even did a 8 character password with a number and a symbol as per the listing on the side (not on the app BTW) and once I was reset and loged in I force changed the password on the website and it still didn't work. Also ever time in between PW changes I cleared cahche data unistalled the apps and rebooted my phone and cleared the phone temp cache on relaunch and there is no way that should be happening this has to be a roku issue that's about the max amount of trouble shooting I can do on my end so ya needed help bad.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Magicshando,

Thank you for posting on the Roku Community. We acknowledge the issue you are experiencing with the Smart Home app, and our team is currently investigating it. We hope to fix this issue as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on resolving the problem.

Best regards, 
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
willifast
Channel Surfer

Hello, haven't heard of any resolution - but have an update. I loaded the Roku Smart Home app on an ipad running the latest IOS and was able to log in to my account and see the same 4 cameras that I've had setup for a while now. All config settings such as detection were the same as before.

So, bottom line, it seems the problem is specific to my android phone's ability to run the app. I saw another person mention their having the same problem on their android instrument.

I am the only person who uses the Smart Home app to manage / monitor cameras and I only have my android phone to do so. Please advise as to if I can work with a tech rep to resolve this. I'm available any time to do so. Should I just start a chat session with a support rep?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Nikkilugo915
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart Home App - unable to login to app with same credentials as used to access roku.com via bro

I’m logged out and not letting log back in it tells me to reset password which I do and then when I sign in it says no account found , I pay for monthly subscription too I’m gettin notification about the camera but not letting log in app 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home App - unable to login to app with same credentials as used to access roku.com via bro

Hi @willifast @Nikkilugo915,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the app issue. Our engineering team is currently working on it. Please try the app again later.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
willifast
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the update and efforts to resolve! I'll try again later as suggested. Have a wonderful day!