Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home Skill for Alexa will not account link

Jump to solution

@idPrescott,

Thanks for your response,

Are you trying to access the active skills in the Google Home app or in your browser? Now, are you getting past the 2FA by using the DID?

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
idPrescott
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar 

Im attempting to enable the skill on Alexa through iOS. Its suck in authenticating and never connects to authenticate and enable the skill. 

I did get through 2FA via an email link. Why your 2FA is stuck with just email is beyond me, but I digress. 

john1san

Roku alexa skill will not enable

Jump to solution

I wanted to save scenes in the smart home app so I could have custom bulb colors with alexa commands. None of them were syncing like it did with my WIZ bulb. So I figured I would disable then re-enable the skill.

Except now I can’t reenable it at all. I hit enable, log in, get the email, to verify, tap accept and return to alexa and just get a spinning purple loading bar and it never gets enabled.

Tried to disable 2FA. No use. Tried to give it the last 5 characters of some device ID’s for a few plugs and bulbs and it says they aren’t recognized.

Seems like a common problem recently. Any known solutions?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We're grateful for your patience regarding the issue you're encountering with linking Google Home or Alexa Support about two-step verification.

We're aware of the issue and the Roku team has been working on a fix for this but in the meantime, we do have 2 different workarounds. Please see below for steps on how to enable the Roku skills:

• Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Setup:
    • Sign in via the Alexa app or Google Home app, the 2FA page will appear.
    • tap “Didn't get an email? Try verifying another way.”
    • On the next screen, prompt the customer to enter the last 5 digits of the previously retrieved DID.
    • Finish enabling the skill.

One additional suggestion is turning off Website 2FA:

1. Go to my.roku.com.
  2. Navigate to “Account info” and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click the button below “Two Step Verification” to turn off 2FA.
  4. Verify that “Two-step verification is off” appears next to the button.
  5. click the “Save changes” button.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jtgorospe90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After some time I found my own solution. It required me to Amazon.com (on a desktop web browser) to enable the skill. See the instructions (and images) below:

1. Go to Amazon.com (sign in)
  2. Search "Roku Smart Home Skill"
  3. Pick the Roku Smart Home Skill (should say $0.00) and enable the skill
  4. Continue with the Roku sign in process and enable the skill.
  5. Congrats. You have linked Roku Smart Devices to Alexa.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 22-57-12 Amazon.com roku smart home skill.pngScreenshot 2024-05-01 at 23-01-17 Roku Smart Home.png

0 Kudos
jtgorospe90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey KY2 - I found the solution to this problem. See it below my original post!

0 Kudos
KY2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@jtgorospe90  Thank you.  I never even thought about that.  I was able to use an android device and link the skill.  You were able to from a desktop through Amazon.  Should be apparent to Rolu it is an issue they have with Apple products.  

0 Kudos