Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datman
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Home App still non-operational.

Starting a new thread as per the advice from the "solved" post.

Updated, I am having the same issue as everyone else, unable to log in to the smart home app. I followed the community advice, updated the app. That didn't change anything.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. That let me log in, but took me to a page for an "optional 2-factor authentication set up," and there was no option to by-pass the set up. 

We love roku, and they have always fixed problems in the past. Perhaps the developers could send subscribers an email when it's all sorted out?

I know you are working on the issue, and thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Smart Home App still non-operational.

@Datman wrote:

Starting a new thread as per the advice from the "solved" post.

Updated, I am having the same issue as everyone else, unable to log in to the smart home app. I followed the community advice, updated the app. That didn't change anything.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. That let me log in, but took me to a page for an "optional 2-factor authentication set up," and there was no option to by-pass the set up. 

We love roku, and they have always fixed problems in the past. Perhaps the developers could send subscribers an email when it's all sorted out?

I know you are working on the issue, and thank you. 

Hi @Datman! Thanks for your post. Are you able to set up two-factor authentication? That should allow you to sign in as expected. Let us know what you find.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Datman
Reel Rookie

We were hoping to avoid 2-factor, it complicates he process for the grandparents that use this. 

However, this morning I tried it again and it's back to being stuck at the log in screen.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Datman wrote:

We were hoping to avoid 2-factor, it complicates he process for the grandparents that use this. 

However, this morning I tried it again and it's back to being stuck at the log in screen.

Thank you! Try resetting your password. If you're still not able to log in after resetting your password, please let me know the app version and your phone's OS. We'll take a look on our end.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos