Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psmith312

Roku Camera video stopped playing on phone app

For some reason my app will no longer play any videos on my phone from any of my Roku cameras. I know it’s not the camera because I can watch the videos on my TV, how do I fix this on my app?? And yes, I do have a subscription still. And have had a subscription since I bought them in December 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Camera video stopped playing on phone app

Hi @Psmith312,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with the Roku camera that you are using right now? (Roku indoor camera, Roku outdoor camera, Roku floodlight camera, Roku doorbell camera) We would like to know if you're having a problem viewing the recordings of your Roku camera or if it is all about the live stream on your Roku smart home app. Have you tried to update your Roku smart home app and the Roku camera as well?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Following   I am having the same issue.  The video playback works on the Roku TV app but not on the Iphone App.   My cameras are new, just received and installed. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nick-at-Mooses,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku smart home app. We're happy to assist you. Please try to remove the Roku smart home app and re-add it again.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos