Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwalcott
Reel Rookie

Location based rules on multiple devices

Jump to solution

If I want to set up a rule for my indoor camera based on my location, for example whenever I leave or enter my residence, but I want it to apply to both my wife and I, will it work if we both have the app and are both logged into it using the same credentials?

In other words, if I leave but my wife is still home, how will that affect the rule? Does it matter who arrives first? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Location based rules on multiple devices

Jump to solution

Hello! @rwalcott,

Thanks for the question,

We appreciate your inquiry regarding location-based rules on multiple devices. We are glad to assist you.

So location triggers on multiple devices don't seem to work. If it is tracking two devices and one is at the location the device trigger will clearly not work right.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Location based rules on multiple devices

Jump to solution

Hello! @rwalcott,

Thanks for the question,

We appreciate your inquiry regarding location-based rules on multiple devices. We are glad to assist you.

So location triggers on multiple devices don't seem to work. If it is tracking two devices and one is at the location the device trigger will clearly not work right.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos