Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2dangold
Reel Rookie

Detection zone settings missing from app

For some reason, the smart home app (android) does not have settings for detection zones.  It has detection settings but that only shows motion detection sensitivity.  I have a paid subscription and I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times.  Apologies but am so frustrated as I really need to be able to set zones. Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Detection zone settings missing from app

You don't have "Detection zone" under the Motion Detection Sensitivity slider?

Screenshot_20231102_190331_Smart Home.jpg

What model of camera do you have?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
2dangold
Reel Rookie

Correct, I do not have that option on my wireless doorbell but do have/see -same as - your screenshot on my indoor camera.  Hopefully these 2 screenshots show up ... the 1st should be the initial settings screen for the wireless doorbell and the 2nd is what i have when expanding the detection settings. Very strange and still haven't been able to resolve it yet.

Screenshot_2023-11-02-10-21-52-89_50b668734198add02911cccc5682374e[1] - Copy.jpgScreenshot_2023-11-02-10-22-05-14_50b668734198add02911cccc5682374e[1] - Copy.jpg

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

According to this, video doorbells are supposed to support detection zones.  Unfortunately, I don't have one to verify what you're seeing not that it would necessarily help.  I fear a moderator will point you to the same link.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
2dangold
Reel Rookie

Yes, you are correct, my video doorbell is supposed to have detection zones.  No clue why it's not showing up as it should - there's a glitch somewhere. Have tried a couple different ways to contact support (which should be much easier than 'next to impossible') but haven't heard back.  Before I completely give up on Roku, will try a few more things with both the doorbell and the app. Thank you for your efforts renojim towards trying to help me.

0 Kudos
Zappyisfun

Hi. Did you figure it out? I have the wire free doorbell and no detection settings either. Only sensitivity. I have a pixel 7a and I think this may be why my camera does not detect alit of stuff. It seems to only detect something if they are right in front of my door but I want to monitor my car also.

0 Kudos