Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sailorsweethart
Reel Rookie

Any update on the Smart App situation for Android??

Jump to solution

When is the problem going to be fixed with not being able to log into the smart home app since late Friday? Have you been hacked therefore have we been hacked? With all the problems roku has been having, I'm about to cancel my subscription and buy cameras from another brand. At least email your users if theres a problem.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kassee38

Re: Any update on the Smart App situation for Android??

Jump to solution

If you download the regular ruku app and sign in then go to the smart home app it will let you view the camera feed. From what I can tell it won't record but at least I can see my feed now. 

View solution in original post

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We've updated the Smart Home app on Google Play and you should now be able to log in with the latest app. Please update your Smart Home app and try logging in again.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved, but please open a new thread if you're still experiencing an issue so that we can help. 

More info: [Resolved][Smart Home app] Android log in issue 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you don't have the Roku mobile app, install it and see if you can log into your Roku account on it.  If you have it already, but it's signed into a different Roku account, try signing into the same account as you're using for your "smart" 🙄 home devices.  For me, once I signed into the mobile app with the same Roku account that my "smart" devices are linked to I was able to sign in on the smart home app without even needing to enter a password.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Amanda87

Jump to solution

No I haven't not been hacked 

0 Kudos
Kassee38

Jump to solution

If you download the regular ruku app and sign in then go to the smart home app it will let you view the camera feed. From what I can tell it won't record but at least I can see my feed now. 

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No still not working 😡

KitKat69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm about to do the same thing and demand a refund.

Gtrobridge

Jump to solution

What's the Eta on this issue getting resolved?  Also, it doesn't just affect android users, iPhone users are experiencing the same issue.  The error says Username or Password doesn't match our records, I have reset the password, I've deleted the cache and data with the same issues. 

Dianahen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No it does not!!  I have not been able to log into my account but I also had Roku smart home app installed on another cell phone that appears to still have all my info there but you are not able to look at live feed any feed!!  I think answering the question about being HACKED is important security and saftey is all our concerns and  should be ROKU's and here is another thing. I Purchased Roku for my Sister and she is not having any issues so why are some of us.  Our BIGGEST concerns are these camera's are used for security how secure do we feel not.   

1. To all other users if you have recommendations on other suggestions for good quality camera's please list is this post.  
  2. Or directly email me at diana3682@comcast.net

3. Where is our refund for being down at least AT&T recognizes when they have a failure happen to at             least credit their customers.   what are you all doing?

0 Kudos
Dianahen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I honestly thought that ROKU was so much more than what it is currently demonstrating in a name brand. I had high regards for the Roku name until this incident and such lack of communication with their customers so very sad.  

0 Kudos
Carrots
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not solved. The "Roku App" workaround does work and get you going on your phone. But other implementations of the Smart App remain buggy and won't recognize your email / password pair.

0 Kudos