Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarolK

we have forgotten our Roku username and password

Jump to solution
A bit less than 2 years ago one of our children gifted their father - Barry -  a Roku in advance of his knee replacement surgery that would keep him on the first floor of the house for his 6-8 week recuperation period.  The Roku would allow him to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime on our tv.  A number of months after that we upgraded our Comcast to Xfinity and were then able to access both streaming services via our Xfinity remote devices and no longer used the Roku.

Fast forward to a few days ago when we purchased a year's subscription to Disney+.  We can get that on our computers but want to be able to watch their offerings on the larger screens of our tvs.  Because we don't have smart tvs we have to use Roku to access Disney+ on our tvs.  However when we tried to download Disney+ we had to enter a user name and password for the Roku but we do not remember either one of these pieces of information. 

We have looked at both the device and that which is plugged into the tv and the only type of numbering we see are on the inside of the sliding part that allows one to change batteries.

Please advise us how to proceed so we can use Roku to get Disney+ on our tvs.  I'm assuming we need to change our username and password but don't know how to do so.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: we have forgotten our Roku username and password

Jump to solution

It's not asking for your Roku username and password, it's asking for your Disney+ username and password.  No channel/app should ever ask for your Roku credentials.

By the way, you can see what email address was used for your Roku account by going to Settings->System->About on your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's not asking for your Roku username and password, it's asking for your Disney+ username and password.  No channel/app should ever ask for your Roku credentials.

By the way, you can see what email address was used for your Roku account by going to Settings->System->About on your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Popeyed

Jump to solution

Except fubotv channel asks for Roku login information frequently! (and fubotv support says they have no record of our account since we subscribe thru Roku- or used to! this has been a nightmare, so we cancelled that subscription.

0 Kudos