Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dailybacon

signals transmitted on an HDMI connection that is NOT used by the Roku

TV #1 (LG 32LM6200 made in 2012) receives two HDMI inputs – one from a Roku Streaming Stick 4K and one from a Magnavox DVR.

The DVR is connected via HDMI to both TV #1 and TV#2 (2016 Samsung) using HDMI splitter.

TV #2 also has a Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

When operating the Roku on TV #1, the input source changes on TV #2. When operating the Roku on TV #2, this messes with TV #1.

Disconnecting the HDMI cable input from DVR to TV #1 eliminates this behavior. But that means the DVR can no longer be viewed on TV #1.

In summary, if there are two HDMI inputs to TV #1 and the Roku is operated, information of some kind is transmitted back along the HDMI connection that is NOT used by the Roku.

Why would the Roku cause this interference, and more importantly is there a way to prevent it? The Roku and the DVR on TV #1 are separate input sources.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: signals transmitted on an HDMI connection that is NOT used by the Roku

Are you sure it's an HDMI splitter and not an HDMI switch? Have you tried disabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos