Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
village306
Reel Rookie

roku streambar + roku TV confusion

Jump to solution

I have both a Roku Streambar and a Roku TV in my Airbnb. When I'm not there, which device should I put into Guest Mode?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar + Roku TV confusion

Jump to solution

@village306,

Thanks for the prompt response and for the extra details.

To confirm, the Roku streambar is connected directly to the Roku TV, right? When you set up your Streambar or soundbar with your Roku TV, the HDMI input tile for your Streambar or soundbar is automatically hidden from the channel grid. In this configuration, your Roku TV is the primary streaming device, and your Streambar functions solely as an audio device with a remote that is not active. 

If this is the set up, then you can have the guest mode added to the Roku TV.

Or you can also do this and set up your Roku Streambar as a primary streaming device. Then, set up a guest mode for it.

1. Press Home 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select TV inputs
  4. Select Roku Soundbar
  5. Select Show input

After you finish, the Streambar or soundbar input tile appears in the channel grid along with input tiles for other audio/video inputs. Any time you select it, you will access the streaming player built into your Streambar or soundbar. To control it, you need to use the remote included with your Streambar or soundbar.

You'll want to check here for more information on this setup: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a Roku TV™

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @village306,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are here to assist you in setting up guest mode for your Roku Streambar and Roku TV. You can set up both devices for guest mode or choose only one of them. To add up, there is a difference between the two as the Roku Streambar is portable, and you can carry this on or when you move out, unlike the Roku TV. I would recommend to setup the Roku TV for that. 

Note: Guest Mode is available in the US, Canada, UK, Latin America, France, Mexico, and other countries. Guest Mode is not available in Germany or Australia. Depending on the Roku OS version installed on your streaming device Guest Mode may also be called Auto Sign Out.

You may need additional information here: How to use Guest Mode on a Roku streaming device

I hope this helps you decide; thanks for reaching out!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
village306
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Rey. But I fully understand HOW to use Guest Mode. My confusion comes from having TWO streaming devices. (I wish I had bought a Soundbar rather than Streambar, but too late for that.) When my guest turns on the RokuTV, are they streaming through the Soundbar or the TV? Should I activate Guest Mode on one, the other, or both?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@village306,

Thanks for the prompt response and for the extra details.

To confirm, the Roku streambar is connected directly to the Roku TV, right? When you set up your Streambar or soundbar with your Roku TV, the HDMI input tile for your Streambar or soundbar is automatically hidden from the channel grid. In this configuration, your Roku TV is the primary streaming device, and your Streambar functions solely as an audio device with a remote that is not active. 

If this is the set up, then you can have the guest mode added to the Roku TV.

Or you can also do this and set up your Roku Streambar as a primary streaming device. Then, set up a guest mode for it.

1. Press Home 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select TV inputs
  4. Select Roku Soundbar
  5. Select Show input

After you finish, the Streambar or soundbar input tile appears in the channel grid along with input tiles for other audio/video inputs. Any time you select it, you will access the streaming player built into your Streambar or soundbar. To control it, you need to use the remote included with your Streambar or soundbar.

You'll want to check here for more information on this setup: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a Roku TV™

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator