Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bplague1
Reel Rookie

no power to roku device. App not on tv

Jump to solution

No power to streaming device, Roku selected on roku.com. Tv indicates app is not there?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no power to roku device. App not on tv

Jump to solution

If the light on the Roku doesn't come on when you connect the power, don't bother with a new remote.  Try different USB power adapters/chargers from a phone or tablet and a different USB cable.  You can try a factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button with something like a paperclip for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected, but if you never see the light come on then there's a good chance it's just dead.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

@bplague1, we need more information.  What kind of Roku device do you have?  What's the model number written on it?  How are you powering it?  Is it plugged into the wall or the TV's USB port?

0 Kudos
bplague1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply.To answer your questions:

Standard remote:RC680 / RC16F-713

Roku Express Streaming Player 390r/3930RW    3930 model# =3930/Serial#S00831/76LTLL     Roku.com has Roku selected.

HDMI TO HDMI TV. DEVICE was plugged into a power strip(has been for over a year---no problems). Now no power light.Disconnected from strip and plugged directly to a wall outlet--no power. Disconnected that and plugged into USB Port on tv--no power

When I voice command Roku to tv says no app found but all others selected on Roku.com are there??

ON ORDER= Roku voice remote PRO RCS01R

I am lost. Is it bad cabling, bad streaming device or a missing step somewhere. When I choose source= Roku there is nothing but a black screen. Is a reset in order??

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If the light on the Roku doesn't come on when you connect the power, don't bother with a new remote.  Try different USB power adapters/chargers from a phone or tablet and a different USB cable.  You can try a factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button with something like a paperclip for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected, but if you never see the light come on then there's a good chance it's just dead.

bplague1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello again, After trying all the fixes you suggested, i believe that the Roku Express streaming device is dead. Is it possible to just buy a replacement streamer and cables? I do not need a remote since the original is fine and i just upgraded to a Voice Remote Pro.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

No, Roku does not offer a player without a remote. Since they are useless without one, it's unlikely they would ever sell any that way. You can use your new Voice Remote Pro on any currently available Roku, so unless the new Roku comes with the same remote you would still benefit by using it. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos