Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jikennedy
Channel Surfer

Re: how do you add a specific channel? Need channel 73 to for cable box

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

This is the #2 receiver on the vip722 box from dish.  The #2 is connected by coax cable.  I did call Dish and since this receiver doesn't have wifi capability I'm not able to use the ONSTREAM app on the tv.  I would need to get a new receiver from Dish.  This vip722 is still working great and of course getting a new receiver would increase billing.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can purchase aftermarket universal remotes that have Roku tv numeral keys 0-9 preset. Like Best Buy Insignia universal remotes in 3, 5, and 8 device models. The Roku tv code in them is tv 4398. Check online for open box sales. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Oh that’s a good idea.  And since the Dish remotes themselves are programmable multi-device remotes, I wonder if the Dish remote has codes for that TV?  The remotes for VIPs are pretty old, but I think they get updates for new codes. I know newer Dish remotes get updates but I’m not sure about the 20.0 remotes, which I assume is what you have.  (The Dish remotes can also learn, but for learning, you’d need the universal remote to teach it.)

By the way, for a couple of months now, anyone with a VIP receiver who has called into Dish for any purpose has been told that that their VIP is soon to be obsolete and they must schedule a visit to get updated.  So, if you ever have to call, you might want to plan ahead as to how you plan to respond. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
jikennedy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Thank you all for your help.  Finally after several scans, the channel I needed did appear so I have a pic now.  

0 Kudos