Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTeriffic
Reel Rookie

connecting issues from ROKU Express 4K + to Yamaha RX-V665 AVR ( No ARC ) to VIZIO D650i-B2.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: connecting issues from ROKU Express 4K + to Yamaha RX-V665 AVR ( No ARC ) to VIZIO D650i-B2.

Hi @TTeriffic,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about your issues with connecting your Roku Express 4K+ to the Yamaha RX-V665 AVR (no ARC) and the VIZIO D650i-B2. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, please provide us with additional information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?
  • Can you please elaborate on the issue that you are experiencing and what you are trying to accomplish?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TTeriffic
Reel Rookie

Re: connecting issues from ROKU Express 4K + to Yamaha RX-V665 AVR ( No ARC ) to VIZIO D650i-B2.

OK, a couple of weeks ago I canceled Dish Network. After boxing the Dish equipment for return I first  reconnected the ROKU (HDMI) to the TV and it worked as it should, but, when the receiver was turned on, no audio played through receiver. Then my better half reminded me the receiver had never worked while watching ROKU. It played great when connected to the Dishbox. Now, I've disconnected a Coaxial cable, an HDMI cable and the OPTICAL cable that connected the TV to the receiver. Since it's such a pain to gain access to the back of the receiver I wanted to ask a professional for advice before pulling everything away from the wall, again.                                                                                                                                                        If I connect the roku box into the receivers port labeled HDMI-1 (IN)  and then from HDMI (OUT) to the HDMI labeled (BEST) port on the TV, will this work?  If not please forward another suggestion.      Many thanks in advance, T Terrific 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm not a professional, but I did take a look at the manual.  You have the right idea - Express to HDMI IN on the receiver and HDMI OUT to the TV.  We could try to figure out why you're not getting audio now, but the best way to connect the Express is directly to the receiver since optical doesn't support all the audio formats that both the Express and the receiver support.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos