Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: activation code not showing up

@unhappyguy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? As @renojim mentioned, Roku no longer uses link codes for activation, but use an email activation process. Is your Roku device already activated? If not, how are you trying to access the Disney+ channel on your Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tert72
Channel Surfer

Well I just got a roku device for a TV and got a tcl TV. And Both are not showing up with the code.. And yes I have done a factory reset on both and NO neither time has the code shown up on the TV for either device. And yes, I have tried an alternate internet using my phones hot spot. And no the code did not show up. Do you have an actual fix? Because all I keep seeing is, send me your serial number blah blah blah. I've had no issues with my other roku device and no issue with my other tcl TV... So why now? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tert72, Roku hasn't used codes to link devices in quite some time.  The current method asks for the email address associated with your Roku account and then sends you a link via email.  What exactly are you seeing on your TV screen and why do you think you should be seeing a code?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tert72
Channel Surfer

I click on the link in the email, and sends me to a page that tells me to use the code that is supposed to be on my TV screen. But there is no code on the tv. It will not progress any further. I'll try it again when I get home today and take a screen shot. I will also try to click the link in the email from my laptop. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tert72, I see.  Let us know how it goes when you try it on your laptop.  I don't know why it's asking for a code.  You should be able to click on the link in the email and the Roku device will automatically proceed with the setup on its own.  Note that those links expire in a short amount of time (15 or 20 minutes?), so don't try using an old link.  You'll have to start the setup over again.  Just restart your Roku device by unplugging the power for a few seconds and plugging it back it.  You should be back at the beginning where you select a language.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tert72
Channel Surfer

It was the browser.. On my phone it was asking me to input code, when I used the laptop it worked as it should.