Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TXD

Xfinity Cable Box Option from Home on ROKU

On my one TV, the option on ROKU Home shows “Cable Box” option and brings me back to Xfinity HDMI. On another TV, my ROKU stick does not show any home option for “cable box” so I have to manually go to new input.  Have I installed it incorrectly?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Xfinity Cable Box Option from Home on ROKU

@TXD 

Sounds like your one TV may be a RokuTV and your other TV is a non-RokuTV with an attached Roku device via HDMI port or cable.

Roku devices attached to a TV via HDMI do not have or show any Inputs (like cable box, antenna, etc).  In this setup, you have to manually select the Input using your TV remote, not the Roku remote.

A RokuTV has the Roku OS integrated into the TV itself, so is showing additional features like color management, TV Inputs, speakers, etc.)  It is not seperate from the TV itself.  It is a smartTV with an integrated RokuOS.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Cable Box Option from Home on ROKU

Roku devices attached to a TV via HDMI do not have or show any Inputs (like cable box, antenna, etc).  In this setup, you have to manually select the Input using your TV remote, not the Roku remote.

As far as I know, the same applies to if the Roku device (whether it’s an Express+ 3710 or 3910 model) is attached to a TV via the analog A/V ports.  I have the 3910, and it is connected through my old 1991 Sharp VCR (via my old 1993 Archer/RadioShack 4-input selector box), which connects to my old 1994 Magnavox/Philips set.  I don’t even have cable anymore, ‘cause we had to get rid of it back in February 2020.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos