Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Em21
Channel Surfer

Where can I buy a power adapter from? My TV has no USB ports to power my Roku

Does anyone know where I can buy a genuine power supply adapter for my Roku please as my TV has no USB ports to power the device from. My old Roku had a wall plug adapter so I assumed the new one would come with the same but sadly it didn’t. I’ve tried the usual places but can’t find any genuine ones like it as they’re 5v. Many thanks

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where can I buy a power adapter from? My TV has no USB ports to power my Roku

@Em21 

You bought a new Roku that did not include a power supply? What's the model number (it's on the box)? Where did you buy it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Where can I buy a power adapter from? My TV has no USB ports to power my Roku

Check the Roku accessories page, scroll down to the Power adaptors section, find one compatible with your Roku model.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Em21
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy Thank you but that link doesn’t work on my end. I searched the Roku website and couldn’t find any parts.

0 Kudos
Em21
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes yes that’s correct. It came with a Roku to USB port in the TV cable which is intended to power the device. Unfortunately I have an older TV so it’s got 3 HDMI ports but no USB. I bought it from Amazon not a 3rd party Amazon seller. It’s the Roku Express HD which is the device and a remote in the box.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Em21 wrote:

@makaiguy Thank you but that link doesn’t work on my end. I searched the Roku website and couldn’t find any parts.

I just double checked and the link works for me.  Might you be located somewhere other than in the US?

@Em21 wrote:

It’s the Roku Express HD

This just needs a standard USB-micro to USB-A cable and a USB A/C power adapter.  Both SHOULD have been supplied in the box with the Roku.   The official Roku Roku's designation for the cable and adapter combo is PW10, but you may have a suitable adapter around from some other device.  Be sure the fine print on it says its 5 v output is at least 1.0 amp (1000 ma).  If not, you can purchase from any number of local or online sources. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Em21
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy I’m in the UK and I think they’re supplied as standard without a power adaptor now. My old Roku came with a power adaptor so I didn’t for a split second think this one wouldn’t. I’ve checked all other similar plugs in my house and most are 12v so too much. I looked online and the main places that had them had really dreadful reviews as they were posing to be UK based then shipping over non-genuine cheaper products. After having a tower extension lead recalled recent over serious fire risk I’m super cautious where I buy.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Em21 

Huh. Sure enough, UK version of the Express don't include the power supply. The Express 4K does, and the Streaming Stick+ does, but not the Express in the UK.

Express UK "What's in the box":

Roku-express-in-box-uk.png

Express US "What's in the box":

Roku-express-in-box-us.png

Again, it's only the low end Express that doesn't include a power supply. The other UK devices do.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@DBDukes 

Skimping on the USB PS is just a really bad business decision, especially when they dont offer an official PS and redirect the consumer to a non-extant ebay-based seller site (Exertis) for any accessories.

They must really dislike the UK market and this is part of an elaborate exit strategy....

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@StreamerUser 

Hanlon's Razor applies. 

DBDukes

0 Kudos