Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with my roku

My Roku will say it's not connecting to my internet I even got a new internet box this is a waste of money. My Roku has to be restarted every other day and I lose everything and have to start from scratch I am tired of doing this what is wrong with my Roku. Am about to switch to fire stick and end this misery. I have bought 2 Roku now and it seems to have the same issues

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: What is wrong with my roku

Hello @Laceyluewho2

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos