Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpelle36
Reel Rookie

“We can’t seem to reach you by email”

This is 3/20/2023 and I am having this iss on Roku 4. Roku ended support in 2023. Roku.com/support is BS and so is the website. I ave 12 days to return to best buy. I need a fix or I will never purchase again.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Greeting @jpelle36

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're more than happy to look into this further but need additional details. Are you trying to activate a Roku device? Do you receive an error message or code during the process? Can you walk us through the steps and where went wrong? 

This information will help us to identify how we can best assist you. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Are you sure you have a Roku 4 (model number 4400)????  That model came out in 2015 so it seems very unlikely that you would have bought it at Best Buy recently.

On the other hand, if it is something with "4K" in the name like "Roku Express 4K+", (model number 3941) then it is still supported.

0 Kudos
jpelle36
Reel Rookie

I just purchased the Roka Streaming Stick 4k  from Best Buy. I finally contact Roku support by telephone. Did a hard reset (i have 12 times) now 13 times an d the only difference was put email in delete the m in .com and retype it. He does not want me to do a reset which I have done 15 times. He suggest doing another hard reset after an hour. If it does not work take to best buy for a replacement. Customer service is fruitless and a waste of time.

0 Kudos
jpelle36
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K  sku# 3820R from best buy.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@jpelle36

Thanks for following up. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. If you have trouble activating using an email address or receiving the activation link in your email, press the Star button on your remote and select Activate with a QR Code option. Use your mobile phone's camera to scan the QR code and get the device activation link.

For reference, you can visit our support page at How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa 

0 Kudos