Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Was there a recent update that caused problem for 4K Sticks?

@MG121, I would be willing to be that your remote has a sticking button or is otherwise malfunctioning.  Taking it apart and cleaning it might help or you could try the app as a remote or get a new remote

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BruceRPA
Streaming Star

I just sent my troublesome 4K+ stick and remote back to ROKU using an RMA and they were just replaced.  I just installed them and they appear to be working, so far at least.  I have not spent any more time with it yet than it took to install them.  

I am having a new intermittent problem with one of my four Ultras that has to do with the remote.  Occasionally when I press the mute button to mute one of those annoying commercials, instead of simply muting the audio the audio toggles on and off rapidly, about two times per second. The mute icon on the TV follows the audio pattern. Pressing mute again unmutes the audio.  And there is yet another new intermittent problem with the same Ultra.  When I press volume up or down, the volume continues to climb or decrease without any buttons being pushed. That would imply that the volume buttons are also sticking sticking just like the mute button, but they are not.  I looked at them very carefully and cleaned the remote thoroughly.  No change.  It’s a control problem, not a mechanical problem.  Recharge, restart, power cycle, re-pair, etc., all result in no change.  

Note that I have been servicing and repairing electronic equipment for roughly fifty years.  I do have experience with troubleshooting electronic systems and isolating the points of failure.  These problems sure do look like software  problems to me since they worked fine for several months and then suddenly developed problems that come and go for no apparent reason with no discernible pattern to be able to recreate the trouble on demand.  FWIW, I have a very stable and robust Ethernet, WiFi and internet service.  

Lastly, for now, the problem with the audio drifting out of sync on FOX News APP as well as FOX News via Xfinity stream on all five (or will it be six?) of my  ROKU devices remains.  I discussed that in a different thread. 

0 Kudos
BruceRPA
Streaming Star

Well, thats a new one that I have not experienced yet, but the night is still young!  The problems that I have been experiencing are similar but not identical to yours.  

Do you have a Vizeo TV?  What ROKU device(s) are you having the trouble with?  

0 Kudos
MG121
Reel Rookie

Just a quick update for anyone reading…the problem magically fixed itself. I did absolutely nothing. Everything has been okay for a few weeks now. Weird

Seems a number of people haven’t been so lucky so my hope is that the engineers that who were apparently going to look into this in the Spring (per an earlier post in this thread) will continue to investigate & troubleshoot

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Moved:

0 Kudos