Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mchoto

Use Roku soundbar for streaming only?

Hi I have the Roku stream bar but have been getting horrible chatter from it but I don’t want to buy another streaming stick if possible I want to use the audio on a Yamaha soundbar and just use the Roku thing for the high quality streaming. I’m having trouble getting the sound off the roku bar   Any ideas ? Thank you 😊 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Use Roku soundbar for streaming only?

Hopefully someone knows something that I don't, but I don't think it's possible.  As far as I can tell it never sends audio out via the HDMI port.  You might be able to kludge something together with private listening and a phone or remote, but that would give you stereo at best.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mchoto,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

After reading your note, it seems like you are asking if you can stream through your Roku Streambar alone. Is that correct?

Yes, your Roku Streambar, when connected directly to your TV, will let you stream movies and TV shows.

For more information, see this additional resource: Getting to Know Your Roku® Streambar® | Official Roku Support

We hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Mchoto 

Connect the Streambar to non-arc hdmi port, abandon the Streambar remote for good, get an IR universal remote that control Roku and your Yamaha soundbar. Roku streambars accept the same IR commands as all other IR controlled Rokus do. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.