Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eriss

Ultra kicking me back to home screen when watching mkv's

Hi, I recently upgraded from a 1st gen Ultra to a new 4K one. But I'm having a really annoying issue. When I use Roku Media Player to watch an MKV off a hard drive (connected to the usb port), it randomly interrupts the movie and kicks me back to the home screen. Could be ten minutes, or five.

I've never had this problem with my older Ultra. These are 4K mkv files, not sure if that makes a difference. I know some use plex but I don't have a server or anything.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ultra kicking me back to home screen when watching mkv's

Hi @eriss,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku media player. We're happy to assist you further. Please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos