Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durp007

Ultra and Panasonic Soundbar

I recently bought an Ultra and gave my old Roku to my daughter. When I went to hook the Ultra up, everything went well until I tried to run the HDMI to the sound bar.

The Roku tries to Auto select 1080p and it works for a moment and the.lm everything goes black. I cannot get the Roku and the Panasonic soundbar to play well together.

The TV does not have a dedicated ARC out and if I use an optical cord, I can get sound - but now nothing controls the soundbar … which is a drag - because everything worked with the older Roku.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra and Panasonic Soundbar

Have you tried taking the display type out of "Auto detect" from Settings->Display type?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra and Panasonic Soundbar

Try getting universal remote that controls a tv, streamer, and soundbar like One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer universal remote. Its one device remote that controls three types of devices, different sections of the remote are for each device. Usually $16.88 at walmart.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos