Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeeds

Two devices in the same room.

Jump to solution

I have two TV's in one room, mostly for sports. My question is which two Roku devices can I buy where the remotes won't affect each other? I think the standard Roku has an IR remote so maybe another with an RF remote. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two devices in the same room.

Jump to solution

Check out the players here:  https://www.roku.com/products/players

If it states "Simple remote", it's an IR remote.  If it states "Voice remote", then it's an RF remote.  I think only the basic Express (not the 4k+) comes with an IR remote these days.  You could get any two that use an RF remote or one Express and any of the others.  The sticks only use RF remotes. The others will respond to IR or RF, so if you got one Express and one that isn't a stick you'd have to cover the IR sensor on the one that isn't the Express.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@mikeeds 

It depends on the device model number. I suspect you have a Roku Express, but there are different model numbers. Settings > System > About

If your Roku supports the Voice Remote (depends on the model number), you could get one for each Roku and they won't impact each other.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Check out the players here:  https://www.roku.com/products/players

If it states "Simple remote", it's an IR remote.  If it states "Voice remote", then it's an RF remote.  I think only the basic Express (not the 4k+) comes with an IR remote these days.  You could get any two that use an RF remote or one Express and any of the others.  The sticks only use RF remotes. The others will respond to IR or RF, so if you got one Express and one that isn't a stick you'd have to cover the IR sensor on the one that isn't the Express.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.