Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandi327

The optical cable doesn't stay plugged in that came with my Roku Streambar.

I've never had to use any optical cables on my tv before or with my other older Roku players. I have an older Sony Plasma tv. No ARC port for the HDMI cable, so I also have to attach the optical cable provided to the optical port. I'm clear on that. The only thing is, the ends of the cord don't seem to want to connect to either the port on the Roku Streambar or on my tv. Is there some special way it needs to go in to make it connect properly. This should be simp!e, right? On the one tutorial I saw online, the cord they used looked thicker. Do I have to buy an optical cord?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The optical cable doesn't stay plugged in that came with my Roku Streambar.

I would, those optical cables included with roku soundbars and streambars are terrible, I bought analog to digital convertor and it came with the same **bleep** optical cable. I had cables I bought on amazon long ago that worked great. take your pick: 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=optical+audio+cable&crid=KXOLSSFC8TJQ&sprefix=optical+%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos