Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjsehm

TCL Roku TV - Unable to connect to wireless

Does anyone have hints or insight on how to get your TCL Roku TV (from Costco) connected to a home wireless network? I set it up a few months ago and it worked fine for several months. However, recently it lost connection and simply won't connect. I have performed a factory reset on the TV unit, rebooted my router several times and WAS able to connect to my phone's hotspot with no problem (in order to progress through the Activation Code process, register the account, select apps to download, etc.). It's just when I switch it back over to my home wireless it starts to give me fits again. I see that @RokuDanny-R has provided some great feedback on this topic and I'm hopeful to get some guidance on this topic soon. This is my daughter's TV and she is unable to watch any web-based content at this time.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV - Unable to connect to wireless

@rjsehm-

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me to re-establish my net connection when it has been lost:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Re: TCL Roku TV - Unable to connect to wireless

Unplugged TV for ten minutes and it seems to be working fine now.

0 Kudos