Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celigo

TCL 55in Roku TV (55S20) won’t update with usb nor via internet update.

When I first got my roku tv, it would not let me connect to the internet/update (an issue many people with this tv were experiencing at the time.) Roku sent out a temporary fix that allowed me to get to the 9.4 update. Unfortunately, since it was a temporary fix I was not able to complete any updates after that version. Recently, I was having problems with a bunch of apps constantly crashing (even after I deleted/reinstalled them. Due to this I did a factory reset on the tv. Unfortunately, now I cannot use the tv as it will not let me download apps until I update. I keep getting error 008 when I try to update via the internet. I am also getting “unable to update” after attempting the usb update many times. The model is C147X.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 55in Roku TV (55S20) won’t update with usb nor via internet update.

Hi @celigo 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue. 

You can contact them here: TCL Support. Call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos