Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mc395686
Reel Rookie

Stuck on the “Let’s get started” screen

I am aware that this is a duplicate topic but I have looked at every thread and none have helped, so I’m making a new thread.

I recently factory reset my Roku and now I’m stuck on the let’s get started screen and the light on the front is constantly flashing.

The model I’m using is 3920x (though I also tried with a 3900x)

I have the Roku plugged directly into a wall instead of the USB in the TV

I’ve tried using multiple remotes and none worked. All have fresh batteries and worked right before the reset. Neither of these remotes have a pairing button.

I tried all HDMI outlets on my tv

I reset my Roku using the button on the roku itself and nothing changed.

I’m willing to provide more info if needed. Any help is appreciated! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on the “Let’s get started” screen

Just to be clear, you have two Roku devices (a 3900 and a 3920) and two simple remotes (no microphone button or paring button) and neither device responds to either remote?  You can verify whether a simple remote is transmitting by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  When you press a button on the remote you should see a flash on the camera's screen.  Of course, the remote has to be pointed at the front of the Roku device for it to recognize it.

Did you factory reset it because of this problem?  It wasn't responding to the remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mc395686
Reel Rookie

Yes, no device currently responds to either remote.

I tested both with the phone screen and nothing lit up.

The reason I factory reset both devices is because I needed to switch what account was logged into the Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim

It seems unlikely that you have two failed remotes, so I'd have to suspect the batteries.  If you're not getting a noticeable flash from the end of the remote on your camera screen then it's kind of pointless to keep trying.  You might want to get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku devices.

0 Kudos
mc395686
Reel Rookie

Both remotes have new batteries and worked right before the factory reset.

If I do need to get a new remote? Is there a specific universal remote I should get?

0 Kudos
renojim

For a universal remote, I'd say it's a matter of personal preference and how much you want to spend.  Just make sure it says that it supports Roku devices.  You can probably find a few choices at Walmart or Target.

I still think it's hard to believe that two simple remotes could have failed.  They're definitely not voice remotes (with a microphone button) that require pairing?

And of course, any of the Roku remotes would work with your devices:
https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@mc395686-

The only thing I can think to add is:

Since you have put in fresh batteries, make sure they were inserted in the correct orientation.  In some remotes the batteries point in the same direction, in others they point in opposite directions.  There should be a diagram in the battery compartment for each battery, visible when the batteries are removed.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos