Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Let’s get Started

I’m trying to set up my Roku 4k box and I’m stuck on the Let’s get started language menu. I see the light in the Roku flash when I click on the remote buttons but nothing happens. I’ve powered down, reset and changed the batteries in my infrared remote. I can’t use the app because I haven’t connected my roku to the Wi-Fi because I can’t move past the language screen. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on Let’s get Started

Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  If that's not the issue, you might want to take it back to where you got it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cua4

I am also having this issue, brand new out the box, plugged power cord in, tv turns on and I’m on the setup language screen, remote doesn’t connect, checked batteries, still doesn’t connect. I have this same element roku tv but 55inch and remote works fine with my tv, tried to use that on my 70inch, still doesn’t detect. Tried pressing reset button on tv, still not working and r em it’s not detecting. Model is E4AA70R-T serial # JA211121C70000353

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Cua4 Roku does not make TVs. You own an Element Roku TV so you need to contact Element support. 

0 Kudos
DianeGr

I'm also stuck on the select language screen and remote won't let me enter anything. It was synced per instructions. I'm verry frustrated. I got the 4K version so I would stop getting those annoying connectivity screens on my old Roku device
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@DianeGr  what is the model number of your older Roku device, as well as your newer one?  Find it on either the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the box packaging.  I only own the Express+ (2017/2018) with the analog A/V outputs and it is model 3910X.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DianeGr

My older device is 3149X and the newer one is 3820R.  I do not have a smart TV, if that matters.  I have reconnected the old device and it works fine except for that annoying connectivity issue, and I've tried the supposed fixes for that several times.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @DianeGr

We apologize for the delay in response.

For us to understand your issue further, could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring? Also, how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

stuck on enter the code GJJK THEN PRESS STAR SYMBOL for help changes the code, How do you find the place to enter the code?

0 Kudos

Activation code has expired get new code.  can't get picture to go in computer.

0 Kudos