Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsalero
Reel Rookie

Stuck on Activate your Roku Player page.

I get the activate your Roku now link in my email. When i click the email and go through all of the steps nothing happens. I finish the steps it says DONE. No code pops up on my screen it just goes to RESEND, or it will say we can't find that email when it clearly can because its sending me the link to activate. Please help I've been going back and forth with this for over an hour and its the same thing over and over. Im about to return this thing. Its a Roku LE.

So far I have unplugged the device, unplugged my router, rebooted the brand new device to factory settings. What am i doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on Activate your Roku Player page.

After you enter the email address, then wait for the email to arrive with the link in it, whatever device you open the email with that is the device you're going to finish activating the roku with, once you it says its done. You should go back to your roku and should be downloading apps. Once done it should have you on the roku home screen with apps showing, probably you didn't want. 😞 There is no code for you to enter later. Sin in to apps you wish, delete some you don't want and add some you do want. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Monster26

I am having the same issue. But not only am I stuck on the activation code page. It won’t let let me go to the home page and keeps saying it couldn’t connect with my email even though I got the email at least 10 times. I’m on the same network and my phone can’t find the roku device. HALP!! Lol 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Monster26

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly are you seeing on screen? Have you already activated your device through the email activation? For clarification, what are you trying to do with your phone?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronlewis99

I have gone through the activation email/procedure four times already. I am stuck on the activate your Roku player page. It says please check your inbox which I have done multiple times and clicked on the activation button multiple times. It doesn’t go be on this page no matter what I do.

Tags (2)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ronlewis99

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jsm716

T913c098AQ06

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jsm716

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fbeam

I'm having a similar issue. I get the activation link, set up device name, say my streaming services and then it asks me to sign up for trial offers. I don't want to sign up for them but I do anyway. But when I sign up for four of them just to move thru the activation screens it doesn't let me move beyond the free trial offers page. What do I do to move forward

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Fbeam, has your Roku device moved past the activation screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos