Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimcalp

Streaming stick is too long!!!

I have just purchased the Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

However, nowhere on the packing does it mention the length of the streaming stick!!

I cannot insert my streaming stick into my monitor as the stick is too long (I do not have enough 'hollowed out' area in the back of my monitor to insert it). It's a Samsung HD TV.
The stick is a good half inch or so too long....

Also, Roku support is refusing to recognize the device serial number, so I cannot contact them????

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick is too long!!!

You must have one of the devices that has a Device ID on it rather than a serial number.  Only Roku...

You have a few options:

• Set it up on another TV so that you can get to the serial number that's displayed under Settings->System->About and then order the free HDMI extender at https://my.roku.com/hdmi
  • Buy a cheap HDMI extender like this 
  • Go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and try the various options until you find one that leads to some kind of help
  • Wait for someone like @RokuMary-F to come along and offer help

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @wimcalp

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If your Roku Streaming Stick does not fit your TV's HDMI port, you may wish to get a free HDMI extender cable. You may try the first suggestion of @renojim to order an HDMI extender cable.

If still need help, please let us know and send here the Device ID  of your Roku device, we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
rbbeatty

Had the same problem, was able to easily order the free HDMI extender cable directly from the site listed. No issues with the SN, although Ss can look like 5s and 0s can look like Os. 

0 Kudos