Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming stick 4K not pairing

My Roku streaming stick 4K Model: 3820X serial number-S090418N7GP6 is not pairing with any remote.  I connect it to the back of the TV and get the initial Roku setup screen followed by the pairing message with illustrations.  I have followed every instruction as far as holding the pairing button, replacing the batteries and even downloaded the app on my phone but still no response.  Is there any help out there for me.  I'm at a total loss.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick 4K not pairing

Are you using  the original USB cable with the bump in the middle? The remote doesn't  pair to the Roku stick itself, but to the long-range wireless receiver built-in to the usb. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mpolzz25

I am having the same issue.  I am using the correct cables.  This is my 4th streaming stick.  All others paired up with out any issues. I have tried new batteries as well.  Could the cable be bad?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mpolzz25,

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your Roku remote does not pair with your Roku streaming stick. Kindly refer to this support article for more information on how to troubleshoot the issue with your Roku remote not pairing at this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos