Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamBowers

Streambar solid orange light

I'm beating my head against the wall here and really need help.

Out of the blue, my Streambar started showing an orange light on the front. It is NOT blinking. It's a solid orange light. It's connected to my TCL Roku TV via HDMI 3 (ARC) and has been used to output audio for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working and this light showed up. When I go to Audio Output settings in the TV, it says this is inactive.

I tried resetting the streambar and power cycled all devices with no luck.

I then went to the HDMI (ARC) TV input and realized my streambar was sitting in recovery mode. I have two roku remotes, one that came with the TV and one that came with the streambar. Both are synced to the TV, which means neither one can navigate the recovery mode screen so I can update the streambar.

When I go to "remotes and devices" to disconnect one of the remotes, there is no option to do so, and I can't figure out how to re-pair my streambar remote with the streambar so I can navigate the recovery mode window. I have 2 remotes for the TV and 0 for the streambar.

I think if I can somehow re-sync my remote with the streambar instead of the Roku TV, I can navigate the streambar recovery mode, then get things back to normal.

I contacted roku customer support via email and didn't get useful information back.

Please help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar solid orange light

Unplug the power from the streambar, wait a bit, plug back in after it stops bouncing press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment of the remote for 5 seconds and release let it communicate with streambar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SamBowers

I've unfortunately tried this. I can't get any of the remotes to pair with the stream bar in recovery mode.

0 Kudos
SamBowers

After hours of back and forth with customer support I was told the device is broken and their advice is to buy a replacement. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry hear that, did you try a factory reset via the button on the back of the streambar? With it powered on, press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds. 

The streambar is on sale for $79.99 now everywhere. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos