Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAK3
Reel Rookie

Smart Bulbs do not turn off

Jump to solution

Recently installed smart bulbs and created a group with a schedule to turn on/off. Bulbs turn on at the scheduled time but do not turn off as scheduled. I am able to turn them off from the app so they are connected to WiFi. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart Bulbs do not turn off

Jump to solution

You might get more information in the "Roku Smart Home" section, but if I recall correctly you need two rules to turn a light on and off - one to turn it on and one to turn it off.  If you're trying to set a "Start time" and an "End time" in one rule it won't do what you want.  It's been a while since I played with schedules which is why I suggest posting in the "Lights & power" section:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Lights-power/bd-p/lights-and-power

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

You might get more information in the "Roku Smart Home" section, but if I recall correctly you need two rules to turn a light on and off - one to turn it on and one to turn it off.  If you're trying to set a "Start time" and an "End time" in one rule it won't do what you want.  It's been a while since I played with schedules which is why I suggest posting in the "Lights & power" section:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Lights-power/bd-p/lights-and-power

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JAK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I had just thought to set up 2 separate rules. Definitely will try this and move the discussion if I'm not successful. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I had a problem with one of my outlets not switching when I had it scheduled. After looking closer at my rules I realized I had programmed two conflicting rules for that particular device. Once I removed the one I didn't want, it worked just fine. So look at your rules and make sure you don't have any conflictions. Also don't forget that you can program a scene for a bulb, and it's possible to have a confliction there as well.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JAK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestions. Removed original rule and set up separate rules for on and off. Lights are operating correctly.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JAK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Deleted original rules and set up on and off separately. Lights are working as scheduled.

Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos