Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soupster6

Simple remote won’t pair to roku in set up

Bought my first Roku off a friend and she says she’d never had a problem with it. Trying to set it up and on the remote setup it’s telling me to press the pairing button for 10 seconds but my simple remote doesn’t have a pairing button let alone a power button. There is no where for a light to come on the remote either. I have tried taking the batteries out and unplugged the Roku but nothing is working. I have also tried to press and hold the <— and home button at the same time but that doesn’t work either. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Simple remote won’t pair to roku in set up

Simple remotes don't need to be paired - just point and shoot.  You can use a digital camera like the one in your phone to see if the remote is transmitting anything.  Point it at the camera, press a button on the remote and you should see a flash on the camera's screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Simple remote won’t pair to roku in set up

Agreed – no pairing with a “simple remote” (I’m assuming you mean a “Roku Simple Remote” and are not just using “simple” as a general adjective.)  They do need to be pointed at the front side of the Roku player, unlike the voice remotes that use Wi-Fi.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos