Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walz64
Reel Rookie

Setting up a used Roku TV

Jump to solution

My Roku TV was given to me by a friend of mine 32 in and I don't know how to suit up my account with the TV I know how to do it when it's brand new but when it's already used how do I do it and I'm hoping I don't have to go back to factory reset to do it so somebody please help me I would really appreciate it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up a used Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Walz64 

If you have the remote, you just connect it to your network.  Settings...Network...Set Up Connection

However, it is going to be connected to previous user's account (email address) so is going to be difficult to make any real changes to it.  If previous user deactivates it from his account, it will also no longer work.

Best method is to do a Factory Reset and set it up under your existing account or create a new account.  Only takes a matter of minutes to complete the setup.  Then you will have full control over TV and any subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Walz64 

If you have the remote, you just connect it to your network.  Settings...Network...Set Up Connection

However, it is going to be connected to previous user's account (email address) so is going to be difficult to make any real changes to it.  If previous user deactivates it from his account, it will also no longer work.

Best method is to do a Factory Reset and set it up under your existing account or create a new account.  Only takes a matter of minutes to complete the setup.  Then you will have full control over TV and any subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Walz64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you that's what I thought I was going to have to do so thank you I appreciate it and I'll just muscle through it appreciate your help

0 Kudos