Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTWallace
Reel Rookie

Screensaver when listening to BBC Sounds?

I have a plasma screen that I do not want to etch fixed content into. When using BBC Sounds I would like to be able to listen with just a screensaver visible. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screensaver when listening to BBC Sounds?

It should, like any other channel/app, respect your screensaver setting or show either a blank screen or the Roku default screensaver (which seems to be "logo rain").  Are you not seeing any kind of change on your screen after the period of time you've set for the screensaver time out?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PTWallace
Reel Rookie

I had the wait time set to 10 mins, so maybe I didn't leave it long enough - I'll experiment some more. However, I can't see how the Roku device is going to know it's BBC Sounds rather than say an iPlayer movie and OK to go to a screensaver if there's no button activity - I was looking for an option at that level in the dialogue that allowed me to bring up a screensaver. More in due course.

Incidentally I was amazed that when I composed my initial post it refused to accept the word bravo uniform romeo november and I had to resort to "etch" instead.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@PTWallace wrote:

Incidentally I was amazed that when I composed my initial post it refused to accept the word bravo uniform romeo november and I had to resort to "etch" instead.

Yeah, I've run into that myself.  Whoever set up this Khoros community software had some strange ideas on what words are to be censored.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
PTWallace
Reel Rookie

I set the screensaver wait to 5 mins and played yesterday's Radio 3 record review. The progress bar etc. remained visible indefinitely. So it looks like a feature to prevent screen b*rn when listening to audio-only content doesn't exist. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
renojim

That would have to be something the developer is doing.  A question in the developer forum is often how to prevent the screensaver from activating.  It's really not something that's allowed, but there are a few reasons to do it.  This circumstance isn't one of them.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos