Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side banner on G846X TV keeps showing up.

We have a G846X TV.  I'm trying to get rid of the side banners that always show up.  Going through the help and community it tells me to go to the home screen and then click on privacy.  When I go to the home screen there is no privacy option to go to.  I have gone through all the options that are available but cannot find this privacy option.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Side banner on G846X TV keeps showing up

@Retiredrick 

The side banners may actually just be from your TV being in demo/store mode.  Try looking in the TV settings for "Home" mode. (or similar language).

The number you provided did not yield a quick search for me.  If this is a RokuTV, you will need to Factory Reset it (press and hold reset button for 15-30 seconds) and select Home mode during setup if provided as an option.  If this is not a RokuTV, use the TV remote (not Roku remote), and look in the Settings (normally, General, Setup, or similar) for this Home setting.

Otherwise, feel free to post back with manufacturer and model number of the TV.

----

If you are talking about the ad on the right hand side of the screen showing you Roku-related content/ads, that is part of the Roku OS and no Roku setting will remove that right hand side ad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos