Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku won’t recognize any emails that I know are valid to activate

Roku 4k express won’t recognize any of my emails so I can finish the set up process. Can anyone help me get past this please?

never seen a company that you cannot call and talk to about these issues. Apparently they don’t stand behind their products 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t recognize any emails that I know are valid to activate

You have to use the email address associated with your Roku user account. It's another way to try and protect against scammers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MsDee72

I'm currently having this issue and cant access my account to finish setting up my new tv. I've emailed customer service more than 24 hours ago and haven't heard back from them, 'm tempted to take the tv back

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @MsDee72

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing. They would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dlf716

I'm having the same issue but can't even find where to contact customer service.

If there is a solution can you please post it here as it does not seem a device specific issue, but is happening to multiple TV sets. 

Extremely frustrated. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @dlf716

We're here to help!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Please also let us know the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

@dlf716 I activated a new Roku Stick last week, so I know the system was working correctly at that time. 

Are you using the email address that matches your Roku user account? I don't know 100%, but I'm almost positive it has to match. 

Dan

gamble22

I am also trying to setup my Roku. I have several all with the same email address.

When setting up my Express 4k+, which is the first I have of this one, it says it does not recognize my email address.

Again, this is the same email address on all of my Roku's. I even when on my computer and signed into my account using the same email address with no problem.

Please tell me what to do!

Carol

So how do I setup a use roku that I brought  ok

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Patriciafrasier wrote:

So how do I setup a use roku that I brought  ok

Can you tell us what model Roku you have? Depending on how old it is, it might not be usable. It might not work on many of the latest channels. Also, older Roku devices were set up one way, while newer devices use a different method.

But since yours is used, you start the same way. The device has to be hard reset and set up as if it were a new device. There's a small hole somewhere on the back of the device that has a recessed button. With the Roku powered on, you have to press and hold that button for a minimum of 30 seconds, not one second less. Then the Roku will reboot and you will be on the setup screen.

Dan

0 Kudos