Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Roku won’t recognize HD capable TV

I have a 30 year old Sony Trinitron Wega. HD ready TV and  a Roku 3910 RW plus.  The Roku used to recognize that the Trinitron was HD capable but after an update some time this summer I can’t get it to do so any more.  I watch HD all the time with cable.  Any hints on getting the Roku to recognize the HD capability so I can get a better picture?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t recognize HD capable TV

@Lyrlen 

You didn't specify which TV model number you have. The Trinitron/WEGA was introduced in 1998 in the US, 23 years ago, but I'm not sure when it may have debuted elsewhere. Are you using it overseas? Or did you get it overseas?

HDMI was introduced in 2002. So, since it's a 30-year old TV, it's not connecting that way. How are you connecting the device? Are you connecting your Roku to the TV? Are you using an adapter? If so, what is the adapter setup? That may help Roku determine if a software update broke something that your adapters use that most people don't.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos