Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevec5375
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra never turns off (light stays on constantly)

Jump to solution

You should not have to screw up your Home menu to get this to work.  I am having the same problem.  When the TV turns off the Roku Ultra turns off.  Then in a minute or two the LED comes back on and stays on.  I don't like this because my TV setup is in my bedroom and I like it DARK and so do sleep professionals.  Short of putting black, opaque tape over it, why doesn't Roku FIX IT?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku ultra never turns off (light stays on constantly)

Jump to solution

Hi @hummingbird95,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku Ultra, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be aware that Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet. There is no "power button" to press on or off. In addition, a permanent connection also allows your Roku player to download new OS software and channel updates automatically without interrupting your use of the player.

We suggest enabling a feature called auto power savings that allows a selected Roku Ultra model to enter a low-power mode after sitting idle for 20 minutes (meaning it is not streaming content or being controlled by a remote or mobile app). A player in this state will "wake up" when the TV is turned on or a button is pressed on the remote.

To learn more, including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains how to disable auto-power savings on your Roku streaming player.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Please let us know if you still have any concerns or questions.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @stevec5375,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're concerned about the LED light on your Roku Ultra since it will not turn off. We're happy to assist you further. Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SkettaUSA

Jump to solution

Seriously absolutely no help! 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @SkettaUSA,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Ultra. We're pleased to assist.

• How is the device plugged into power?
  • Are you using the included power cable and adapter? If not does using them fix it?
  • When does this occur?
  • Could you please let me know the steps you have already taken to troubleshoot the issue?

Please keep us informed about any updates, and we'll be happy to help you further. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Agpops1923

Roku Ultra white light always stays on?

Jump to solution

I’m not concerned with power savings with the white light. I just find it annoying that the light is on all the time. Especially when I’m in bed trying to sleep.

0 Kudos
SandyUT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Indicator stays on constantly.  It’s super annoying.  I bought 2 new Roku Ultra and both have the same issue,  the light is on full blast while streaming and when “off/standby” all night.

my old Rokus would dim while streaming and when in standby.  I have read many posts about this.  I think it’s a Roku issue to resolve.  The old indicator functions were not blinding and annoying.  PLEASE send out a software update to revert to the old way the light worked (like id for the last decade!  How is anyone going to like a bright while LED on 24/7.

I put a piece of black take over it, but that’s ridiculous.  

jockoe
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Ultra white light always stays on?

Jump to solution

The white light on my new Roku Ultra always stays on even when I shut off my tv, which doesn't happen with the Roku Ultra LT I'm using in my bedroom. Both devices are running OS 12.5. I am able to make the light turn off eventually if leave the screensaver turned on, but this is not an ideal "fix" for me. I'd like to be able to disable my screensaver like I always do when I've set up my Roku's and still have the light turn off when I turn my tv off. Is there a way to make this happen?

Model - 4802X
Serial - X01000D725G5

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: White light is always on regardless if my TV is turned on or off

Jump to solution

Hi @jockoe,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We understand that the white LED light on your Roku Ultra stays on regardless of whether the TV is powered off. You can use the following steps to disable auto-power savings:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Select auto-power savings.
  6. Uncheck the box next to After 20 minutes of no interaction.

We hope this works for you too. Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
jockoe
Streaming Star

Re: White light is always on regardless if my TV is turned on or off

Jump to solution

Thanks, but that is one of the things I've already tried.  I even broke down and factory reset my device last evening.  The only thing that I've tried is leaving the screensaver on.

0 Kudos
jimmyp11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Needs fixing 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.