Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasP123
Reel Rookie

Roku stick black and white

When i woke up my roku was stuck black and white with no colors. How do i fix this

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick black and white

@ThomasP123-

First thing I'd try would be to restart the Roku.  

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ThomasP123
Reel Rookie

I did a factory reset on it and its still black and white. All my other devices have color aswell. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

For troubleshooting purposes:

Do you have a different HDMI port you can try it on?   A different TV? 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

There are a few steps you can try to fix a black and white image on your Roku device:

1. Restart your Roku device: Unplug the power cord from your Roku device, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This can sometimes resolve issues with the device.

2. Check your HDMI cables: Make sure all of your HDMI cables are securely connected to your Roku device and your TV. If the cables are loose or damaged, they may be causing the black and white image.

3. Check your TV settings: Some TVs have a setting that allows you to adjust the colors or turn on black and white mode. Make sure this setting is not turned on.

4. Check for updates: Your Roku device may have a software update available that could resolve the issue. To check for updates, go to the "System" menu and select "System update."

If these steps don't resolve the issue, you may want to try unplugging your Roku device and TV for a few minutes and then plugging them back in. If the problem persists, it's possible that there is a hardware issue with the device. In this case, you may need to contact Roku support for further assistance.

0 Kudos