Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevsgirl1013
Channel Surfer

Roku says I'm using wrong cord

I've been using my Roku for 2+ years. A couple days ago we lost power and the internet was down after power came back on so I used my DVD player. Today when internet was back up I hooked my Roku back up and all of a sudden out of nowhere it says the cable is wrong?????? Which doesn't make sense because it's the same cord I've always used????????? So sick of how lame Roku is, no customer support, constant ridiculous issues!!! Why would my cord just not work anymore out of nowhere??????? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku says I'm using wrong cord

Relax calm down first of all. There is plenty of support right on the Roku website and here. Let’s first start off by providing your Roku model number. 

0 Kudos
kevsgirl1013
Channel Surfer

It's the express like I already said. No model number on it that I can see. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@kevsgirl1013  The Roku model number is stamped on the outside of your Roku. Every Roku device has a stamped model number on it. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kevsgirl1013 

If you are still having issues with this power message you can try a few things to eliminate an actual power issue (rather than a device issue).

1. Make sure to use the included power adapter and plug into wall outlet, not USB power port of TV.

2. Try replacing the power adapter (use a cell phone charging adapter 5v, 1amp).

3. Try replacing the power cable. (again, use a cell phone charging cable. I believe the Express uses a micro usb connection on device side.)

------

If still seeing message after trying the above, then could be experiencing an internal issue within the Express device itself that is triggering the message. (unrelated to the actual power supplies).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102