Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirstennnn
Reel Rookie

Roku not showing as a device

I have a brand new 65” roku tv from target. we’ve had it for a few months but waited till we move to open it. So finally setting it up and it does not show as a device in my roku app. it won’t let us use airplay either since it doesn’t even show as a device. i tried entering the ip address manually it still won’t work it says it can’t find a device with that address even though it’s literally the one in the settings. i know there’s nothing wrong with our internet it’s working fine for everything and we can still watch netflix on the tv but it is very very annoying that we aren’t able to use the roku app with the tv or do airplay. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not showing as a device

Do you have any other Roku devices that do show up in the app?

Some routers have a Wi-Fi setting usually called "Client isolation" that prevents devices connected via Wi-Fi from communicating with each other.  Other than that, of course your phone and TV have to be connected to the same network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
edvega
Reel Rookie

I chatted with support who suggested me to do a reset of network settings and re-connect to network again, this worked perfectly !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Kirstennnn
Reel Rookie

i do have another roku tv it’s weird i have a different router but same plan and internet company it worked at my old place but not working here this might be the issue thanks

0 Kudos