Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bojac
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku load screen frozen

PM sent.

0 Kudos
MtnDevil95
Reel Rookie

Just got the basic Roku Express and can barely get through initial set up.  The screen froze while I was entering the SSID for my WiFi.  I reset, got to the email confirmation step, and it froze.  Reset made it through email confirmation and link to my account and froze on the home screen.  Reset froze trying to load Netflix.  Factory reset hard pressing the button for 40+ seconds, and then it froze trying to enter the Wifi again. . . 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MtnDevil95, ensure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MtnDevil95
Reel Rookie

@renojimIt is plugged into the Roku supplied power adapter.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MtnDevil95, I'd have to say it may be time to return it.  There's a few final things to try as a last ditch effort in no particular order:

• Try another power adapter from a phone/tablet or your TV's USB port.
  • Press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected to start over again.
  • Try another HDMI cable (I know it doesn't make sense, but a different HDMI cable has been known to fix all kinds of problems).
  • Try it on another TV.

If none of those work it's time to return it.

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MtnDevil95
Reel Rookie

@renojim thank you.  I tried setting up this device on another TV that already had a Roku Express fully functioning, using that Roku's power supply and the HDMI cable and all these same issues with freezing and a jumping screen persisted.  I have filled out the form and will return the faulty device.

0 Kudos