Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyandbash
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku load screen frozen

THANK YOU!  I had no idea there was even a manual on/off button. I literally looked at the back of my tv with a flashlight and saw nothing. I had to do a search to find out where it was and then just feel for it, lol. Anyway it WORKED!  Thank You!!! Thank You!  Guess I need a new remote!!

0 Kudos
Ryandean
Reel Rookie

The Roku has been plugged into various devices that should be able to power including the original adapter. It did work on the back of the TV USB port but we use the adapter plug in that came with it for now. I fell down the reset button from for 30 seconds several times.  I have also changed out the batteries in the remote and reset the remote. I’ve also has it unplugged for two weeks and I’ve tried to reset it unplugged.  I just got this in November and I’m surprised that it is having these issues.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tyandbash wrote:

Thank You!  Guess I need a new remote!!

You're welcome.  Glad we got it figured out.  You may be able to get the button unstuck by plucking at it.  If you're handy you could take it apart and clean the button, but they're a pain to get open.  If you're going to get a new remote anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to dump some alcohol on/in it and then blow it out and let it dry.  Just make sure the batteries are out when you do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

@Ryandean, you don't give us much to go on.  When you plug in the power does any light illuminate on the front of the Roku?  If it's only a few months old you may want to look into a warranty return:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

0 Kudos
hkeen2017

Re: Express stuck on loading screen

Hi, my device is also doing this and has been for a day. I factory reset it and it still will not work. How can I fix this? It hasn’t changed screens at all until after the factory reset and then during the new setup it went back and won’t fix itself.

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Express stuck on loading screen

@hkeen2017, are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?  What is them model number written on it somewhere?

0 Kudos
Bojac
Reel Rookie

Same problem as most here. Stuck on "Roku" loading screening. Tried unplugging, remote reset, hard reset, and no change.

- I have the Roku Express 4k+, model 3941x

- Roku employees, do I need to buy a new device or is there another procedure to fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bojac

Thanks for the post.

When you state that you have done a factory reset on the device, are you making sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 40 seconds regardless of what is happening on screen?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bojac
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have held the reset button for up to 1 minute. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bojac

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos