Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zambonie

Roku issues roku asks for

Roku wants a 4 digit pin everytime before adding a channel. I've done a reset on my TV. I've tried contacting roku support. Yeah good luck on that. I've followed roku directions. Nothing works 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku issues roku asks for

I don't know what specific directions you have followed, but have you tried changing the PIN settings on your account, and have you assured that your Roku is connected to the same account you are accessing at roku.com?  (settings -> system -> about)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku issues roku asks for

@zambonie-

Expanding on reply from @Strega ...

Using the email address shown on your Roku via Roku menu path Settings > System > About:

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account, or when installing a channel via the Roku's user interface.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos