Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessmeh
Reel Rookie

Roku express set up on Samsung - get check signal cable messafe

I get the bouncing Roku then I get prompted to pick a language, then it asked to look for wireless networks, find mine. Put in the password, then it takes me to a screen on my Samsung that says check signal cable. Or, it takes me to a dialog box that says that the Roku has to restart And all I can do is push OK then it goes through the process and then immediately takes me to the same screen check signal cable. I have tried all of the HDMI ports on my television. I have unplugged and plugged in from the power source, not sure what else to do. I did also try going into the settings and turning something off , that made zero difference for me. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express set up on Samsung - get check signal cable messafe

What power source are you using?  If it's a USB power adapter or the USB port on your TV, try a different USB power adapter (or the USB port on your TV if you haven't tried it).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jessmeh
Reel Rookie

Hi there. I plugged it into the wall. I read where there could be trouble if plugged into usb on tv. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jessmeh, try it both ways.  Some TV's have a USB port that can provide enough power and some don't.  Also, try a different USB power adapter.  Look at the fine print for something like, Output: 5V 1A (or 1000mA).  More than 1 Amp is ok as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jessmeh
Reel Rookie

Thank you! After trying that with multiple boxes - just unplugged my TV and plugged it back in - then wallah - it worked. 

moral of the story - if it doesn’t work the first time, unplug and plug back in. Lol. 

thanks everyone. 

0 Kudos