Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diegoueee
Reel Rookie

Roku express 4k won't turn on

Jump to solution

Good afternoon, I have been having issues with my Roku express 4K and i can't seem to find a solution. I  recently bought this device (11/11/2022) and used it that same night, It worked perfectly on my non smart tv. I also bought a Roku TV that works perfectly fine, today i tried to use the express that's on my bedroom and when turning on the tv i saw that the device didn't power on. I pressed on the buttons that are on the remote and nothing happened. I saw on youtube that maybe the batteries on the remote might be dead and i went to Walmart and bought a new pack of batteries.... Didn't solve my issue. i unplugged my express and got a new charging brick, didn't work. I plugged it to the USB port that is located on the TV and again, the issue persisted. I also saw online to press on the reset button and i ended up doing it, but again.... The issue didn't solve. I have moved the Express all around the room to see if it was the wall outlet but that doesn't seem to fix the issue. I have tried calling a number for support but there's an automated system that doesn't let me talk to a representative. I go on to the support website and i get a message that says that my device is not eligible for servicing and this is my last resort.... I would love to have my Express work again, i have no complaints with Roku... I've had multiple devices in the past that have come in with the software but it's my first time with a streaming device. Not sure on what to do, i had an older model apple tv that i used before this, it worked fine but i wanted to have all of the TV's in the house with Roku... Might just return this device and keep using my old Apple TV.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k won't turn on

Jump to solution

To be honest, if you just got it you should take it back to where you got it.

If the light doesn't come on when you connect the power the unit is dead.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the remote or, as some people seem to think, the Wi-Fi.  Plug in the power, light should come on, period.  If not, the unit is dead or the power adapter is dead.  I believe you've ruled out the power adapter.

The same thing about the remote and the Wi-Fi goes for no display on the TV.  Changing batteries in your remote or checking your Wi-Fi will never give you a display on your TV if you don't get one when you connect the power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To be honest, if you just got it you should take it back to where you got it.

If the light doesn't come on when you connect the power the unit is dead.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the remote or, as some people seem to think, the Wi-Fi.  Plug in the power, light should come on, period.  If not, the unit is dead or the power adapter is dead.  I believe you've ruled out the power adapter.

The same thing about the remote and the Wi-Fi goes for no display on the TV.  Changing batteries in your remote or checking your Wi-Fi will never give you a display on your TV if you don't get one when you connect the power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Diegoueee

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku Express. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Diegoueee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey! I just went back and returned the Roku Express for a new one. Thanks for the help 🙂 

0 Kudos