Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommyP

Roku activation emails about currently activated devices

I have 2 streaming devices, and 1 roku TV device. Today, I received emails for new device activation. They are legitimately from Roku. Was there an update that caused this? I noticed my Tubi account was logged out on my main device as well. I reset passwords every few months, so it's a little harder for anyone unknown to get in my account unless it was leaked by Roku. My network is fairly secure. I use a VPN, and run behind a proxy, both at the hardware level. Anyone else getting this recently? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku activation emails about currently activated devices

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @TommyP!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and for providing us with a precise explanation of your concern. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with a screenshot of the email address that you have received via PM so we can validate it. (to send a PM, select my username > View Profile > on the right side of the page, select send this user a private message)

In addition, please be advised that using a VPN can cause playback issues or no playback at all. Content providers continue to update their security measures to prevent unauthorized viewing, and it's possible changes will be made that prevent your VPN from working. This is by design and intended, but using your standard ISP without the VPN will be the solution here.

We'll be looking forward to your message as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos