Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amz
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I just got a new Streaming Stick + a week ago and it has mostly been working fine. But twice now, it has completely cut out in the middle of watching Netflix. The TV screen goes black and it says "No signal". Here are the things I have tried:

1. Making sure my TV has the correct input selected (it does)

2. Switching the HDMI port and trying the new one as the new input (does nothing)

3. Cycling through the different inputs for 10 seconds a piece (nothing)

4. Unplugging the device for 10 seconds and then plugging back in (nothing)

5. Making sure everything is connected properly (it all is)

Here is some information about my setup:

1. It is a brand new Roku Streaming Stick + attached to the HDMI 1 port on the back of my TV

2. I have a fairly old Sony TV (but new enough to have 2 HDMI ports on the back), but I don't remember what year I got it; it's been working just fine

3. I am using only the cables included with my Roku to connect it to my TV and the power source

4. I have tried it plugged directly into a wall socket and when that didn't work, I plugged it into a power strip—neither one seems to make a difference

5. The Streaming Stick + power light is on

6. The remote is working fine

Is it something related to my WiFi? Would that even impact my TV not recognizing my Streaming Stick? I have no idea what to do to fix this. I have read multiple other threads on this subject, but I've already tried all of the recommended fixes and nothing works for me. Please help!! Thank you!!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

@amz 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing the "no signal" issue, please feel free to send me a private message with the following information:
-Roku model and number
-Roku device/serial number (found on the device)
-what TV brand and model number you are plugging the device into
-are you using an AVR in your setup? If so, what brand and model?

Once I have that information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

363 REPLIES 363
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@amz 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done! Thank you!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Coleman

Jump to solution

I have also tried literally EVERYTHING.  I even went as far as to unlink the device from my account to re-link.  Now, I can't even get the device to re-link.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Coleman 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please clarify what you are experiencing? When you stated that you are trying to relink your device, did you try performing a factory reset on your device? What are you seeing when you are trying to relink?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same black screen - no signal. Changed batteries, changed HDMI ports, factory reset, changed power source, nothing seems to work. Need more help...

0 Kudos
Myrtle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing. No Video Signal is all it says. It will not recognize my IP when I try to enter it manually on my iPhone either. Says the IP does not exist.

It says Model: RC-AL2 in the remote. 

0 Kudos
Myrtle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, 

[personal information removed]

The serial number from my remote is: SKU 3226000284

MODEL: RC-AL2

FCC ID: TC2-RCB14

IT SAYS IN ANOTHER PLACE MY DEVICE IS : 3800 SERIES.     3800X

Is this everything you need? THANKS

0 Kudos
Myrtle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sent you a serial number, email, etc. that you asked for. The reply I get is a generic waste of time. I do not have another tv. I do not have another USB port. There has never been a low power warning in all the time I have used it. It has worked fine for a little over a year. The cables are securely attached. Don't you think I checked that first? I only have one cable to use with it, and only used the equipment that came with the device. I do not have a wall power outlet to connect anything to. 

So, are you going to help me figure out what is wrong or continue with this type bs? I am paying for Hulu and Netflix and can't watch it because it  continues to say there is no video signal.I have done everything I know to do. Do not send me another stupid 'blow me off' email. I need something that will actually help. 

rkinnyc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At the risk of redundancy, same problem. This is my third Roku, never had a problem before. Just bought Roku streaming stick+ and it arrived today. I have a Samsung un50nu69, and I'm thinking there might be an issue with hdcp but not sure.

I've tried both ports, same no signal. My old Roku 2 works in either port, as does every other device. I did actually get the stick to work for about 10 minutes, going through setup, but then it went back to no signal upon completion.

Plugged in to outlet using it's open cords. Remote works fine. Tried another monitor, worked for about 2 second, then no signal. Seems to not have as strong of a physical connection as prior versions.

Ready to return it after just a couple hours.